Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Everything is Photoshopped

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:58:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: deva seetharam <deva.seetharam () gmail com>
Date: August 23, 2009 12:21:08 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Everything is Photoshopped

hi, Dave,
NY Times is running a slide show on fake historic photos.
tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/lvrl2d

deva

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rodney Van Meter <rdv () sfc wide ad jp>
Date: August 23, 2009 4:04:18 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Everything is Photoshopped

Dave, for IP, if you wish...

A quarter of a century ago, or less, there was an enormous fuss when National Geographic digitally moved one of the Pyramids to make it fit their cover a little better.

Now, you would be foolish to believe anything that you see:
http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-photoshop2-2009aug02,0,3129812.story

<snip>
"My belief," says Scott Kelby, president of the Florida-based National Assn. of Photoshop Professionals, "is that every single major magazine cover is retouched. I don't know how they couldn't be." But don't stop there. Aside from U.S. newspapers, most of which do not permit photos to be manipulated, it's quite possible that the vast majority of images seen in the public arena have been altered.
<snip>

I had no idea there is such a thing as the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, but it doesn't surprise me.
http://www.photoshopuser.com/

               --Rod