Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Eligible life insurers being put on public dole.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 06:48:07 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 8, 2009 6:41:57 PM EDT
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: please anynonimise [IP] Re: Eligible life insurers being put on public dole.

*** please anonymise ****
The problem is that these defaults are insured several times, through multiple cds. Also, not all the feed for derivatives came from individual mortages, there were company mortages (รก la Canary warf on London), personal loans, equity loans on houses etc.

An the massive injections of funds we see prove it was actually a good idea, you can get the tax payer to pay for money that was never there and will never actually need to be paid. As in: the sums aig paid weren't to reinburse 'insured' amounts, it is just to back a guarantee in case they can't pay the notional in case of default of the underlying...