Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: ] Anger at the Gas Pump

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:05:36 -0700

From: Robert Atkinson [rca53 () columbia edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:06 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] Anger at the Gas Pump

Granted that I only buy gas at a station in rural New Jersey (yes, there is such a place), the only anger I’ve heard is
directed equally at commodities speculators and environmentalists, with politicians being criticized—but not
angrily--for allowing speculation on 5 percent margin and for “caving” in the 90’s on drilling in Alaska and the
continental shelf. Things may get testier when citizens get heating oil bills.

Bob