Interesting People mailing list archives

Talking to God on a Two Way Radio

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 04:01:59 -0700

From: David Byrden [farber1 () byrden com]
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:10 AM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] Talking to God on a Two Way Radio

From the article by Anthony Citrano:

"If you believe that personal technology and the connectedness it
enables is part of human evolution, then the more accessible that
world becomes, the better. "

I'm getting off-topic, but this is a non sequitir that I find particularly
widespread and dangerous; it's been used to justify genocide.

The truth is, evolution is *not* necessarily a good thing. A change in
our genetic design (in this case, perhaps an increase in thumb flexibility!)
may be good *or* bad, depending on your viewpoint. The universe has
no moral values; we create labels like 'good' and apply them as we see fit.

David