Interesting People mailing list archives

green and "Story of Stuff"

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:05:18 -0800

From: Suzanne Johnson [fuhn () pobox com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 1:00 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: green and "Story of Stuff"

Dave..

possibly for IP...

From time to time this list has touched upon  renewable energy and the current, growing emphasis on things Green.  At
the heart of the Green movement is the concept of sustainability .  A good explanation of  this concept as it relates
historically to our production/consumption cycle can be found in the animated short at:

http://storyofstuff.com/

I've been kind of immersed in some of these areas since undertaking the design and building of  an ecologically
designed, green built home that is both net-metered and zero energy.    I've  been living in the house now for three
years, and am still learning.  The whole project  started about 10 years ago when I put solar panels on my (then)
Silicon Valley house.

For  more info on green building, I highly recommend what has become almost the cult film of  the green-building
movement...   "Blue Vinyl":  (available through Netflix and others) http://www.bluevinyl.org/

        Suzanne
   way more info about my house at:
  http://www.aiatopten.org/hpb/overview.cfm?ProjectID=434)