Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Another way of making money using the net?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:20:32 -0800

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu [Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 10:15 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: ip
Subject: Re: [IP] Another way of making money using the net?

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:07:55 PST, David Farber said:

Hackers literally turned out the lights in multiple cities after breakin=

The most telling part of the article:

"Donahue did not specify what countries were affected, when the outages
occurred or how long the outages lasted."

In other words, "trust us it happened, we won't give you anything verifiable,
and you'll have to take our word that we're not fear-mongering.