Interesting People mailing list archives

A contrary view on Deeb's home lab

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:26:14 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Adams <jadams01 () sprynet com>
Date: August 16, 2008 11:30:20 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: For IP: A contrary view on Deeb's home lab

Hi, Dave,

This link comes from a comment on Tim O'Reilly's blog:
http://vyoma108.blogspot.com/2008/08/authorities-shut-down-secret-lab-in.html

Here's the gist of it: "I have a hard time believing that any scientist worth their lab coat would be in support of what Deeb was doing. Personally, I find it to be a significant lapse in his ethical judgment."

It's worth reading. Tim's response to the comment is also worth reading (though I disagree with his specific argument singling out tort lawyers): http://radar.oreilly.com/2008/08/why-were-failing-in-math-and-science.html#comment-563680

Thanks,

     John A
     http://www.arkansawyer.com/wordpress/