Interesting People mailing list archives

A brief explanation on my comment re apple and Net Neutrality - correction

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:55:28 -0400

My old problem of two finger typing (slow).

What I meant to say is that Apple is demonstrating a comment that I made during the Cerf/Farber "debate". That is the application people are just as apt to change the networks for being allowed to carry their stuff as the networks will try to get the application people to py for being carried. Note Apple is charging ATT and the O2 a lot of mony to have the privilege of carrying their applications. Viewed from the citizens point of view it makes little of no difference in that they will pay in the end.

Maybe we need to think this whole area out in a rational manner not the religious debate that happned last yer.

Dave