Interesting People mailing list archives

How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:22:58 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Alberti <alberti () sanction net>
Date: March 25, 2007 6:02:59 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/Ou/?p=451

"Last summer, when I wrote "Vicious orchestrated assault on MacBook
wireless researchers," it set off a long chain of heated debates and
blogs. I had hoped to release the information on who orchestrated the
vicious assault, but threats of lawsuits and a spineless company that
refused to defend itself meant I couldn't disclose the details. A lot has
changed since then: Researcher David Maynor is no longer working for
SecureWorks, and he's finally given me permission to publish the details."
--
Bob Alberti, CISSP, ISSMP                      President, Sanction, Inc.
Phone: (612) 485-6000 ext 211                              PO Box 583453

"Sure you back up your data, but have you tested whether restores work?"

Archives: http://v2.listbox.com/member/archive/247/@now