Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: cellphones on planes

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:04:22 -0400

Sameas amtrak

Begin forwarded message:

From: Denis Russell <D.M.Russell () ncl ac uk>
Date: March 25, 2007 1:09:50 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net, ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] cellphones on planes

At 10:31 -0400 25/3/07, David Farber wrote:
AMTRAK has the quiet cars  djf

I always travel in the Quiet coach on GNER trains (in the UK) Another advantage is that they are the furthest from the start of the platform in King's Cross station in London, so if you walk right along the platform to coach B you pass many busy and fairly crowded coaches filled with people who can't be bothered to walk further, and end up in a quiet coach that is usually also much less crowded than most of the train. (Keep that a secret, won't you? :-) )

        Denis

"Many passengers want a quiet, peaceful place to help them make the most of their journey, whether relaxing or working. So we've designated a special Quiet Coach on board all GNER trains. The Quiet Coach is located in Coach B, as this carriage is at the end of the train and therefore benefits from the least through-traffic, providing minimal disturbance during your journey. If you are sitting in the Quiet Coach, we ask that you respect your fellow passengers by adhering to the following rules: No mobile phone calls in this carriage. Go to the vestibule at the end of the carriage to talk on the phone.
Use all electrical equipment in silent mode.
If you wish to chat to fellow passengers, please do so quietly and with consideration for others. "

see

<http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/YourJourney/Onboardourtrains/ TheQuietCoach.htm>

Archives: http://v2.listbox.com/member/archive/247/@now