Interesting People mailing list archives

FCC sets wireless sale rules

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:05:32 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: ext Robert Hinden <bob.hinden () nokia com>
Date: July 31, 2007 4:12:19 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Bob Hinden <bob.hinden () nokia com>
Subject: Yahoo! News Story - FCC sets wireless sale rules

For IP. This is good news from my point of view and will result in a lot of innovation from the device vendors. Also, in my view, Google did get what they wanted (as opposed to what they were asking for).

Bob

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The winner of valuable wireless airwaves the U.S. government plans to sell by early next year would have to permit consumers to connect using any device or software, U.S. regulators decided on Tuesday.....

FCC sets wireless sale rules - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070731/wr_nm/wireless_auction_dc_2