Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Several AT&T Stores Forced Customers to Buy Accessories With iPhone - Gizmodo

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 08:02:15 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Frankston <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: July 1, 2007 12:23:47 AM EDT
To: "'Lauren Weinstein'" <lauren () vortex com>, dave () farber net
Cc: bob37-2 () bobf frankston com
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Several AT&T Stores Forced Customers to Buy Accessories With iPhone - Gizmodo

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- I thought the implication was obvious but I keep forgetting about the lack of affect in email. But what good is it being a
Telco if you can't extract some money from those forced to pass by your
trollbooths.

The real challenge is getting people to see the very simple concept that
networking is just something we do (as I cite in
http://www.frankston.com/?name=FSM) and mustn't be forced to buy. I hope
that Jobs can play enemy of my enemy and take back some control but then
that may be a fantasy brought on by desperation.