Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Looking for hi-tech ramen leads...

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:30:17 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms () icsi berkeley edu>
Date: February 13, 2007 10:21:45 AM EST
To: paul () saffo com
Cc: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: Looking for hi-tech ramen leads...

Hi,

A few friends and I have an almost fetishistic desire for Nong Shim 'Shin Cup' noodles. They are Korean, and particularly spicy - in fact considered too spicy for the Western palate. We embrace this in a spirit of reverse cultural one-upmanship. Given that Nong Shim are one of the biggest sponsors of Go tournaments outside of Japan, it just adds to the cultural one-upmanship going on.

When poor, we splice home-made kimchi or canned tuna into the noodle cup.

Regards,
BMS

Archives: http://archives.listbox.com/247/