Interesting People mailing list archives

more about Boston controversy: my Boston Globe op-ed on technological lessons

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:17:11 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "W. David Stephenson" <wdavidstephenson () gmail com>
Date: February 2, 2007 12:28:10 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: more about Boston controversy: my Boston Globe op-ed on technological lessons

To: Dave Farber
From: W. David Stephenson

I saw Lauren Weinstein's reaction to the Boston incidents, and, as a homeland security consultant, must say the Boston police acted exactly as they should have, especially since these idiots (I choose the word knowingly) put one of them on a bridge abutment under an Interstate and adjacent to a subway station: exactly the kind of high- damage target that the police must take seriously. Add in the others on bridges, and I'm adamant: it was absolutely wrong, (BTW, I'm staggered by the number of their sympathizers who've attacked me for telling them to grow up. Tough luck, kiddies, it's post 9/11. No apologies on my part).

Meanwhile, I wrote an op-ed in today's Boston Globe that does say the authorities need to bring young people into the terrorism and natural disaster response network, especially since they are the masters of innovative use of networked personal communication devices and apps that could be crucial in ad hoc communications after a disaster.
W. David Stephenson

W. David Stephenson | Principal| Stephenson Strategies
D.Stephenson () stephensonstrategies com
335 Main St., Medfield, MA 02052 | (617) 314-7858

Making Homeland Security Everyone's BusinessTM
"bringing 911 into cyberspace"
"a web strategy for better state government" in Massachusetts
"21st century disaster response tips you won't hear from officials"
named to Feedster's 500 "most interesting and important" blogs list
Demolishing and replacing obsolete paradigms since 1988 (:o(|)

Archives: http://archives.listbox.com/247/