Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Nader's at it again

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:55:21 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kobrin, Steve" <kobrins () wharton upenn edu>
Date: February 20, 2007 2:39:11 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Nader's at it again

There is one additional point that has not been discussed here.  It is
one thing to argue that there is no real difference between the two
major parties from the comfort of an office in a university or tech
firm.  I suspect that if any of us were a single mother trying to scrape
by, someone who had to send their children to public schools in
Philadelphia or any other large city, a minimum wage worker with a
family, a young girl wanting an abortion, or some one who needs health
care without insurance we might have a very different view.  I am not
even going to get into issues such as the War in Iraq or the
environment.  While there are many arguments for a third party with a
more progressive outlook, arguing that there is no difference between
the Republicans and the Democrats is a conceit of the comfortable.

Steve