Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: CMU Privacy-Enhanced Search Engine Study

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:27:31 -0800

From: harraton () gmail com [harraton () gmail com] On Behalf Of Janice Tsai [harraton () cmu edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:19 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] CMU Privacy-Enhanced Search Engine Study

Hi Ted,

The purpose of Privacy Finder is to make privacy information more
accessible.  It does that by pulling P3P policies for users and
displays a "privacy meter" of how well that particular site's P3P
policy matches your preferences.  The search engine also provides a
link to a privacy report that provides the user with a summary of that
site's full privacy policy (also based on their P3P settings).

Janice