Interesting People mailing list archives

Dan Rather: The Trouble with Touch Screens

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:55:54 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: August 13, 2007 11:00:43 AM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Dan Rather: The Trouble with Touch Screens

[Note: I've been watching Dan Rather's show since it premiered earlier this year. I find it generally of interest as he reports on topics to a depth that he never would have been allowed to do on CBS. I know a lot of you don't have access to HDNet. However, if you go to their website you'll find that they make the Rather shows available for online viewing after they air. DLH]

HDNet PRESENTS AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PREVIEW FOR OUR LOYAL VIEWERS OF THIS TUESDAY'S EXPLOSIVE "DAN RATHER REPORTS", INVESTIGATING IRREGULARITIES IN TOUCH SCREEN VOTING MACHINES.

This Tuesday, DAN RATHER REPORTS presents conclusive evidence of the failure of touch screen voting machines across the country. The episode, "The Trouble with Touch Screens", is an entire hour devoted to new information on this story. From scientists involved in testing the equipment, to manufacturers in third world countries who shipped these defective voting machines to the United States, DAN RATHER REPORTS will present new information showing that these defective machines may have altered the outcome of multiple elections.

Your exclusive sneak preview is now available at the HDNet Web Site:

<http://www.hd.net/danrather>

When: Dan Rather Reports, "The Trouble with Touch Screens", will air Tuesday, August 14 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.