Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: iPhone Unlocking ATT treatens. YOUR EDITORS COMMENTS

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:48:28 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gary Johnston <garyj () fuse net>
Date: August 26, 2007 9:29:10 AM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] iPhone Unlocking ATT treatens. YOUR EDITORS COMMENTS

Dave,

I suspect that Apple HAS to react under the terms of their contract with AT&T when someone unlocks an iPhone. But unlocking has been accomplished at least 4 ways now, and probably the Apple software engineers are smiling. Soon a software only unlocking solution will surface. Apple is not Windoze by any stretch.

Also, remember that AT&T Wireless (not AT&T wired LD svc) was bought by Cingular and not the other way around. I too have problems with the baggage carried by AT&T and wish they had chosen to call the combined wireless companies "Cingilar."

Professor Gary Johnston
Long-Time IPer  :-)

Sent from Gary's Apple/AT&T iPhone.