Interesting People mailing list archives

Antwort: iPhone Unlocking ATT treatens. YOUR EDITORS COMMENTS

From: David Farber <dfarber () cs cmu edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 20:55:34 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Jonathan B Spira" <jspira () basex com>
Date: August 25, 2007 7:12:25 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Antwort: [IP] iPhone Unlocking ATT treatens. YOUR EDITORS COMMENTS

Dave

On the topic of non U.S. mobile operators and the iPhone, from this week´s Basex:TechWatch (http://www.basex.com/btw)

MOBILITY
08-21 According to reports in the Financial Times and other newspapers, Apple has signed agreements with T-Mobile of Germany, Orange of France, and O2 in the United Kingdom to distribute its iPhone. The contract reportedly includes a provision calling for the operators to turn over 10% of revenue made from calls and data services to Apple.

Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Szívélyes üdvözlet/Cordialement/ Cordiali saluti/Saludos/Vänliga hälsningar

/s/ Jonathan
Jonathan B. Spira
CEO and Chief Analyst
Basex, Inc.
y jspira () basex com
( +1 (212) 725-2600 x113
8 http://www.basex.com

David Farber <dave () farber net>
25.08.07 19:01
Bitte antworten an
dave () farber net

An
ip () v2 listbox com
Kopie
Thema
[IP] iPhone Unlocking ATT treatens. YOUR EDITORS COMMENTS

http://blog.iphoneunlocking.com/

I am wondering more and more what the difference is, if any, between Apple and Microsoft. Apple is behaving just like MS not like the old Apple I used to like a lot and buy from. In the case of ATT I am not surprised. ( I use T-Mobile)

I do have a Windows machine now running Vista and it is not at all bad. I may be close to changing my loyalties.

I wonder when the iphone is sold in the rest of the world, especially where locking may be illegal or un-enforceable whether ATTAPPLE will demand the US Customs seize such phones.

Dave

ps remember I testified in the US vs MS  anitrust trial.

Archives