Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: AT&T's 1993 "You Will" Ads -- no thanks to ATT!

From: David Farber <dfarber () cs cmu edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 17:35:49 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bob Frankston" <bob37-2 () bobf frankston com>
Date: August 25, 2007 1:58:07 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>, <ip () v2 listbox com>
Cc: <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Subject: RE: [IP] AT&T's 1993 "You Will" Ads -- no thanks to ATT!

The important point is that we're doing this despite ATT, not because of ATT as they arrogantly assumed. There was as similar PR movie from the 1950's saying that one day you will go into a phone booth, dial home, and turn on your lawn sprinkler -- and that only Bell Labs could make it possible.

It is this arrogance that got ATT into trouble in the first place and they continue to force us to pay them for what we could not only do better than them but we can do it only by working around their gatekeepers.

These is a wonderful video – it’s another demonstration of why we cannot afford to put ourselves in the position of relying on carriers to do us good. Goes along well withhttp://www.frankston.com/? name=AssuringScarcity.