Interesting People mailing list archives

information freezing, registering, transmitting, hubbing,bypassing, forgetting, transforming, was Re: Avi Rubin on electronic elections in MD: rough going

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:52:04 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: pat hache <tercasa () prodigy net mx>
Date: September 13, 2006 11:26:59 PM JST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: information freezing, registering, transmitting, hubbing,bypassing, forgetting, transforming, was Re: [IP] Avi Rubin on electronic elections in MD: rough going

Hello.
Those first hand comments about the reality of electronic registration or transmission (to which place?) of the vote information emitted in polling places are interesting. using internet links to a command center somewhere ( where?) induces the implementation of any kind of subtle, even secret feedback from those receivers , so to control, eventually, part of the way those are working, freezing, registering, transmitting, hubbing,bypassing, forgetting, transforming, a.s.o, the results of the vote process. Who has access to those machine software, and the way those might transfer information , and to where officially --- and unofficially...

remembering Florida, Ohio ballots in the Us, and more recently difficult Mexico voting sessions (even if presidential elections in Mexico are not yet electronically performed, just eletronically digested at "some" upper level - but where we still don't know exactly, here), i wonder if electronic machines will not kill democratic process by subtle or brutal manipulation of wich nobody really knows - or will reveal - the origins.

Progress in voting ? machines for voting "registration" are just an easy way to blurr and adapt the voting results to some discreet interests. including the diebold or their likes voting machines producers getting public money or funds to bypass the voting process in accordance to executable forces they even finance to stay elected.

Patrice Herbiet  (Sovet).
52-55 -  17.100.160
 fax        17.36.90.90
Mexico City