Interesting People mailing list archives

more on stature?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:32:20 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Date: September 26, 2006 7:38:27 PM EDT
To: "W. Craig Trader" <craig () trader name>
Cc: dave () farber net, lauren () vortex com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on stature?

McCain is viewed as a "nutty" Senator by many Republicans, particularly by Rove, et al.

The same lack of "stature" seems to apply to the various flag-rank retired military professionals who have resigned quietly, rather than participate in the fiasco.

I've thus concluded (as I noted) that stature no longer means what it used to mean. What we used to call character is now viewed by the media and by nattering nabobs of Neoconservatism as lunatic treason.

W. Craig Trader wrote:
I would argue that John McCain has the stature to speak knowingly about the usefulness and effects of torture -- and he's saying that torture is wrong and does not meet our national needs or objectives. How much more
stature do you need?

- Craig -

Begin forwarded message: