Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Tazer at UCLA

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:47:55 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jacob Appelbaum <jacob () appelbaum net>
Date: November 17, 2006 6:34:06 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Tazer at UCLA

A few more interesting things of note regarding the recent Tazer
incident at UCLA. It appears that the email address for the Chancellor
is bouncing for some people, my letter wasn't returned and YMMV.

The student appears to have retained a high profile lawyer that intends
to file charges against the police (
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2006/171106Taser.htm ):

"Attorney Stephen Yagman said he plans to file a federal civil rights
lawsuit accusing the UCLA police of "brutal excessive force," as well as
false arrest. The lawyer also provided the first public account of the
Tuesday night incident at UCLA's Powell Library from the student,
Mostafa Tabatabainejad, a 23-year-old senior."

The Chancellor has responded to the many emails coming into his office
(http://newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=7521):