Interesting People mailing list archives

Moving on

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:46:55 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Brock Meeks (MSNBC-JV)" <Brock.Meeks () msnbc com>
Date: May 10, 2006 3:45:07 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Moving on

Dave,

I don't know if this sort of message is appropriate for IP list but I'll
write it and you can decide whether or not to distribute it.  So many of
my friends, sources and professional colleagues are on this list that it
seems a perfect vehicle to pass on such news and I'm grateful if you do
me the favor of passing this note along.

After a 10 year run at MSNBC.com I have resigned my position as Chief
Washington Correspondent effective this Friday, May 12th.  In doing so I
am jumping into the abyss as I have no other job lined up.

My parting from MSNBC.com is simply one of timing.  I have for some time
now been pushing to take on more of a multimedia reporting role within
company but it appears the powers that were intent on having me stay the
course as a traditional "turn over the rocks" type of journalist.  After
20 years of turning over rocks I'm ready for new challenges and so have
decided to leave and meet those challenges head on.

After Friday I can be reached at: bmeeks () cox net  I'll be unsubscribing
my MSNBC.com account from IP and rejoining under my personal account.

Cheers -- Brock