Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Google Dreams Big

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:38:54 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] Google Dreams Big
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:14:18 -0500 (EST)
From: Newmedia () aol com
To: rvh40 () insightbb com
CC: dave () farber net

Randall V. Head:

some anonymous guy with an @aol address

Ha!  Very funny . . . I was the banker on the AOL IPO in March 1992 and
Steve
Case gave me this address on the roadshow.   There was once a time when
"New
Media" was a novel idea.  Seems I've been using the address for far too
long!
<g>

You will note that the PPT is offered on the tomcaster site (links are
in the
glidden comments) and that it also has no notes.  Nada.

I'd suggest that someone verify that these notes came from Google before
making any claims about them.

Since I have made no claims -- my credibility is, thankfully, not an
issue.
However a short trip to Google News might at least verify that I have made
some claims, from time-to-time.  Or, alternately, you might be amused by my
quotes in last Friday's NYTimes regarding the Google analyst meeting.
According to
the paper-of-record, I was actually there and even spoke with Eric Schmidt!

Mark Stahlman
New York City