Interesting People mailing list archives

IRS plans to allow preparers to sell data Critics said the proposed regulation could lead to a loss of privacy for clients.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:07:49 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "RJR RJRiley.com" <RJR () RJRILEY com>
Date: March 21, 2006 5:56:58 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] IRS plans to allow preparers to sell data Critics said the proposed regulation could lead to a loss of privacy for clients.

I did not take the time to try and determine if IRS rulemaking is covered by the Regulatory Flexibility Act, Exec. Order 13272, May 2003 but I believe it
is worth looking into rather it has some relevance to this issue.  We
discovered about six months ago that the USPTO has not taken this act
seriously.

Ronald J Riley, President
Professional Inventors Alliance
www.PIAUSA.org
RJR (at) PIAUSA.org
Change "at" to @
RJR Direct # (202) 318-1595

proposed regulation could lead to a loss of privacy for clients.

Begin forwarded message:

The IP list might be interested in what the IRS is up to with its privacy
rules -- this story ran in the Inquirer today:

Posted on Tue, Mar. 21, 2006

IRS plans to allow preparers to sell data Critics said the proposed
regulation could lead to a loss of privacy for clients.

By Jeff Gelles
Inquirer Staff Writer