Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Patriot Act Includes Crackdown on Meth Use]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:12:01 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] Patriot Act Includes Crackdown on Meth Use
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:17:30 -0500 (EST)
From: EEkid () aol com
To: dave () farber net

I think the bill is missing once aspect of Meth addiction.  Often  the
users,
steal the components to make the drug.

Recently, I was waiting for my wife while she ran into the neighborhood
Safeway to pick up a few items.  The car sitting directly in front of me
 was
backed into the parking spot.  As I looked forward at the car, the
driver kept
looking at me in the rearview mirror.  Constantly looking  around then
looking
back at me.  It seemed, odd.  Then a  woman came to the car and began
removing
packaged items from her clothes and  placing them in a bag.  Then a male
came
to the car and did the same  thing.  Then a second male stood by car and
pulled small packages from  numerous pockets on his pants.

I immediately entered the store and asked to speak with the store
manager.
I explained what I saw and gave him the tag number of the  car.  He
called on
his security personnel to view the security video and  while they did
so, he
explained to me, that groups of Meth users pass from store  to store and
steal
the components for making the drug.

So, copying and recording the names of those who buy these drugs is a bit
pointless.  Not to mention that people who are desperate for money often
 steal
the identity of others.

Who knows, you may be the person Home Land Security comes to visit when
someone steals your identity and uses it to buy components for their
next  batch
of drugs.

Jerry

In a message dated 3/7/2006 12:27:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,