Interesting People mailing list archives

Gmail flags AdWords settlement email as spam

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:34:55 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ridgely Evers <revers () evers org>
Date: June 11, 2006 10:32:21 AM EDT
To: "'David Farber'" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Gmail flags AdWords settlement email as spam

Dave,

You may already have caught this; I check my gmail account only
sporadically, so I just noticed this from May 20th.

The gmail spam filter flagged the Clicksettlement.com email notifying me
that I might be an eligible member of the class action. ("Important Legal
Notice Regarding Your Google AdWords Account")

The Catch 22 is that AdWords now _requires_ that you use gmail as your
contact mechanism.

IOW, if I hadn't checked my gmail account (which I rarely do), and
specifically the Spam folder in it (which I do even more rarely) I would
never have known.

"Do no evil."

--Ridge