Interesting People mailing list archives

more on "Strong" AI to be here within 25 years

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:22:12 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jordan Pollack <pollack () cs brandeis edu>
Date: July 14, 2006 4:28:13 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] "Strong" AI to be here within 25 years

I'm sorry, but baloney is still baloney, because Moore's law doesn't increase the quality and complexity of our software. We'd see something coming on supercomputers or grids. Alternative views about the next 50 years are in the current issue of IEEE Intelligent Systems,
*http://tinyurl.com/hul5g

*IEEE unfortunately charges a fee, but my paper "Mindless Intellligence" is available free at http://ectomental.com

Jordan