Interesting People mailing list archives

more on An American Express story

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:52:06 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ted Dolotta <Ted () Dolotta ORG>
Date: January 30, 2006 6:47:36 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: "'Brad Malin'" <malin () andrew cmu edu>
Subject: RE: [IP] An American Express story

I would do three things:

1.  As you suggest, write a (form) letter to all these folks
    explaining what happened, as you suggest;

2.  Mail all the 34 cards and a copy of the above form letter, as well
    as a cover letter briefly explaining the problem, and the opened
    envelopes -- via certified mail or FedEx, to prove you mailed them
    -- to the CEO of American Express; I am sure you can find his name
    and the AmEx corporate address on the Web; and

3. Mail a copy of all the items in item 2 above -- except for the cards,
    although copies of the cards might add to the impact -- to Warren
Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway in Omaha; he is a BIG investor in AmEx
    and, I believe, a member of the AmEx board of directors.

This might get some attention.  Keep copies of everything.

Ted Dolotta

P.S. And if you happen to be a stockholder of AmEx, mention this as well.