Interesting People mailing list archives

The Slipperiest of Slopes

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:48:39 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Kousky <kkousky () ip3inc com>
Date: January 25, 2006 8:05:17 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Carolyn_Kousky () ksgphd harvard edu
Subject: The Slipperiest of Slopes

Today's Wall Street Journal's editorial should make clear that terrorism is not a slippery slope at all. It's a cliff that conservatives have already
jumped off.

Today's WSJ editorial states that extremist environmentalists who attack
property are terrorists. This makes clear that there is no difference
between domestic law enforcement engaged in protecting property and the
broad range of Homeland Security issues.

I guess this means that Eco-terrorists, as the WSJ labels them, should be
considered for kidnapping to foreign bases for interrogation, certainly
wiretapped and they merit the use of our limited DHS resources. I'm
certainly glad we have the FBI on this.

I understand that once we all realize they're terrorists, they should not be excluded for civil liberty protections since an assault on property can also
harm people and harming people is a terrorist tactic.

Didn't the Secretary of Education suggest that the NEA were terrorists too?

Come to think of it, I find some rock music frighteningly bad....