Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Diebold Voting Machine Whistle-Blower being prosecuted for "Stealing documents"]]]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:20:32 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Diebold Voting Machine Whistle-Blower being
prosecuted for "Stealing documents"]]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:15:47 -0500
From: Chris Beck <cbeck () pacanukeha net>
To: dave () farber net, Rob McMillin <scareduck () yahoo com>

Rumour has it Dave Farber, on or about 28.Feb.2006 12:30, forwarded:
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:35:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Rob McMillin <scareduck () yahoo com>

And so what?  Diebold was absolutely breaking the law, and in a way
fundamentally destructive to our very way of government.  Mr. Goldstein
can go on all day about the law and its majesty, but at the end of the
day, which is more corrosive to that same body of law he purports to
hold dear: making possible widespread, easy, and undetectable voting
fraud?  Or getting evidence of this same published in the press?

The problem, Rob, is that there is scads of evidence of Diebold's
malfeasance
and wilful corruption of the election process, much of it previously
downloaded
from their own ftp servers.  I would like to see them shot, skinned and
fed to
weasels as much as the next guy, but at the same time I want the legal
process
to be just as sacrosanct - and they are _both_ under heavy assault these
days.
It's also sad to say that newspaper he went to with the documents would
not have
published anything without them given the weight of evidence gathered by Bev
Harris and other at blackboxvoting.org .

--
Chris Beck  -  http://pacanukeha.blogspot.com
A small amount of power also corrupts absolutely. -- Anonymous