Interesting People mailing list archives

mo interesting Verizon Fiber Optics Installation]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:06:59 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] Verizon Fiber Optics Installation
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:39:22 -0800
From: Glenn Fleishman <glenn () glennf com>
To: dave () farber net

sami aronson-unger <aronsos () amnh org> wrote:
We realized this shortly after the job was completed and then it took a
lot of agitating to get Verizon to restore the copper phone line
connection.  I believe that there would have been no problem if we had
asked for this at the outset, which is the reason for this message.

Broadband service is typically not subject to the same tariffs and
regulations as wireline service. Thus, by getting you to give up your
copper wire, you were probably (unknowingly) giving up your rights to
certain forms of appeal and quality of voice service!
--
Glenn Fleishman
seattle . washington