Interesting People mailing list archives

FFTh study refutes some previous notions of network utilization and symmetry

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:26:17 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () dandin com>
Date: February 20, 2006 9:58:29 AM EST
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] FFTh study refutes some previous notions of network utilization and symmetry

[Note: I'm cross posting this from Bill St. Arnaud's excellent CAnet list. As it turns out, I was going to post a pointer to this study today, which had been presented at a recent NANOG meeting <http:// www.nanog.org/>. Then this item from Bill's list showed up and I thought that I'd use it instead. For us purveyors of wireless networks, these findings on symmetry come as no surprise. Its just sad that its taken the wireheads so long to catch up to our view of the networking world. <g> DLH]