Interesting People mailing list archives

more on serious threat models

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 15:10:34 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [IP] more on serious threat models
Date:   Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:04:11 -0500
From:   Kulesh Shanmugasundaram <kulesh () isis poly edu>
To:     dave () farber net

well, from information available at [from www.schneier.com/blog/]:
http://betabug.ch/blogs/ch-athens/288

it seems the "interceptors" simply monitored calls to and from a list of numbers. and when they came across those calls the interceptors simply converted those point-to-point calls to a conference call to include the caller, callee, and the prepaid phones. i think this should work with any telephone system with conference capabilities. pretty clever.

kulesh.