Interesting People mailing list archives

hello from Beijing

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:05:35 -0500

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: hello from Beijing
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:05:07 -0500
From: Hawkins, Dave <dhawkins () nrdc org>
To: dave () farber net

Dave,
for IP if you like.

In my Beijing hotel room this morning CNN aired a piece about Yahoo
calling for search engines to cooperate to deal with China's "search
engine rules."  Not surprisingly, as the correspondent was about to say
the word "c**sorship"  (my inference) the sound went blank for several
seconds.
David Hawkins

(asterisks in text above deliberate since this is being sent from a
government agency ethernet connection--we'll see if this message gets
through)