Interesting People mailing list archives

more on results of uk ban

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:43:48 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hasan Diwan <hasan.diwan () gmail com>
Date: August 10, 2006 11:33:08 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] results of uk ban

On 10/08/06, David Farber <dave () farber net> wrote:
A lot of folks coming to the U.S. will be inclined not to fly via
London if
this system stays in place, and not fly, period, if it spreads to other
airports. It's hard to imagine much business travel surviving in such an
environment.

I just cancelled my weeklong trip to Britain, where I grew up, because of these restrictions. We British suffered 20 years of the IRA bombing us on a near-daily basis and they couldn't do as much damage as 21 20-somethings who were UNSUCCESSFUL in their attempts. I've been spoiled by electronics, communications devices and disappointed by baggage screeners too much to pack my laptop in an open suitcase.
--
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <hasan.diwan () gmail com>