Interesting People mailing list archives

more on editors query

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:40:53 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Robert Daffin <rsd3414 () ACRretail com>
Date: September 26, 2005 9:09:53 AM EDT
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] editors query

This shouldn't be your burden to bear, Dr. Farber. Perhaps those who submit full articles for IP should be in a position to authorize full use (e.g., if I were a technology journalist like, say, Robert Cringely, and I sent my own
work in that was also published elsewhere).  Everyone else should be
encouraged to submit snippets and synopses.  You cannot be expected to
examine every submission from a copyright lawyer's perspective (the word
'onerous' comes to mind).

-R