Interesting People mailing list archives

more on infrastructure problems

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:58:25 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: lists () rd3 net
Date: September 11, 2005 12:10:23 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] infrastructure problems

 Sunday, September 11, 2005, 10:04:43 AM, you wrote:

We, as a nation, have a serious infrastructure problem, a serious
level of poverty, a serious health shortage, etc etc, All need
attention and money. We have a military that was designed to fight
the cold war; we have a poke barrel legislature; we have foreign
adventurism that consumes resources; we have a deficit that current
tax policy will be increasingly hard to handle etc etc.

one more:
a basic education system that is so poorly arranged that it only
works when kids "sit down (all day), shut up, and don't ask
questions".

We need leadership the likes of FDR and we have ...

people whose brains only function in the suburbs and cities.

Sure, the usa is "going to seed" (past the fruiting part).
But seeds aren't so bad.
Do you folks notice the physical world that supports you?
There are many who will celebrate when "the brains" put their efforts
into supporting life instead of their lifestyles.

debbie,
one of your forgotten neighbors in rural PA