Interesting People mailing list archives

More RE: This Just in: Flops Caused Box Office Slump

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:30:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jodd Readick <jodd () usercentric net>
Date: October 2, 2005 8:23:01 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: More RE: [IP] This Just in: Flops Caused Box Office Slump

For IP if you think it useful -

I would also add that it costs about $30
for a couple to see a movie in New York,
including popcorn and a soda.

That's almost a full day's pay at minimum wage,
and about 10x the cost of a DVD or VHS rental.

Especially given the quality of the movies lately,
people don't want to spend that much on a routine basis.

The value proposition just isn't there.

Jodd