Interesting People mailing list archives

more on mac viruses and quote and apple pie

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 20:34:41 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rodney Joffe <rjoffe () centergate com>
Date: May 20, 2005 8:15:36 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] mac viruses and quote and apple pie

Dave,

There are most certainly trojans and worms that MACs, and OS-X, are
vulnerable to. It was just traditionally easier to go after Windows, But
that is changing. There are a significant number of UNIX machines that are being bot'd on a daily basis. And MACs are not exempt. Your readers who are
proud of the fact they run no antivirus applications, and don't maintain
their firewalls on their MACs are victims in wait.

You are spot on!

/rlj