Interesting People mailing list archives

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:59:01 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:37:37 -0800
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

Outgoing FCC Chairman Michael Powell bid farewell after overseeing is
90th -- and last -- Commission meeting Thursday. He's expected to leave
the FCC next week. ³I've loved it, every single day of it. Thanks to
the most remarkable public staff I've ever worked with. It will be the
greatest memory of my life,² Chairman Powell said, holding back tears
as FCC employees stood to give him a round of applause. Commissioner
Kevin Martin, who many expect will be the next FCC chairman, released
this statement: "It has been an honor and privilege to work with
Chairman Powell.  He is a dedicated public servant who has worked
tirelessly to improve the state of our communications industry,
particularly as an advocate of new technologies.  He should be
commended for his many accomplishments, which span across every sector
under our jurisdiction.  He has eloquently articulated his vision for
the communications industry and the FCC's regulation of it.  Over the
last four years, he has helped lay the regulatory groundwork so that
services in each sector can thrive in the face of the challenges and
opportunities the 21st century will present.  He should be very proud,
in particular, for the steps he has taken to foster new services and
technologies; this certainly will be one of his most important
legacies.  We all will miss his enthusiasm and his warm and engaging
manner, and I personally wish him the very best in his future
endeavors."

[SOURCE: Reuters]
<http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=7869022>
<http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA509921?
display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP>
<http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA509938.html?
display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP>
<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-257317A1.doc>
* So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye to Chairman Powell
<http://creativevoices.typepad.com/blog/
* Powell Leaves FCC Admonishing Uncivil America
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24164-2005Mar10.html>
* Powell Exits FCC Without a Successor
<http://www.latimes.com/business/printedition/la-fi-
fcc11mar11,1,1895058.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-business>

Archives at: <http://Wireless.Com/Dewayne-Net>
Weblog at: <http://weblog.warpspeed.com>

------ End of Forwarded Message