Interesting People mailing list archives

Can't we just get some answers or facts about this? INTEL -- responding to continuedmis information on IP

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:26:18 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andrew Lippman <lip () media mit edu>
Date: June 10, 2005 10:47:38 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on 2 on FROM INTEL -- responding to continuedmis information on IP

Why are people splitting hairs on the meaning of embedded and support? The simple question is whether there is a unique ID in the processor that is accessible to programs, or whether there are special instructions to access this information that is enabled and operating. Can't we just get some answers or facts about this?

andy