Interesting People mailing list archives

Reality check: What this mailing list is all about ...

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:47:22 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: "gailbracy"<gailbracy () homelandhugs org>
Sent: 7/30/05 2:29:37 PM
To: "dave () farber net"<dave () farber net>

Dear Dave,

After 9/11 our travel company took a nose dive with a slow painful crash
during the next year.

Exactly 7 days after the towers fell, our entire network was crippled by the
"nimbda" virus, and soon after that, the anthrax attacks hit DC. It sure
seemed all hell broke loose to me, and not one person had answers. When Tom
Ridge offered the duct tape solution, I knew we were all doomed.

I spent many days during the months following, just like everyone else in a
state of utter panic. Somehow in my frantic searches through the baloney, I
came upon "interesting people" and an article posted regarding the facts
about mass destruction weaponry threats, defining each WMD and its possible
repercussions. It was straight-forward and much more information that I'd
received from all the media and government combined. That one post kept me
sane, and helped me through the all the unspeakable fears we all felt back
then. I've been a subscriber since then.

IP is my CNN.

Thank you,
Gail Bracy

[Message truncated. Tap Edit->Mark for Download to get remaining portion.]