Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Thinking maps

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:09:11 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Travis Truman <trumant () gsicommerce com>
Date: July 19, 2005 6:23:59 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Thinking maps

I've been hunting for a house for the past several monthes and wanted to be able to rely on Septa's Regional Rail for commuting into/out of Center City. The level of GIS data in the average real estate web site is pretty poor, so I considered taking matters into my own hands and building an application that would combine the data at Realtor.com, Septa.com and maps.google.com to allow a user to search for homes for sale within a given price range that are also located with a certain distance from stops along a specified rail line, in my case, the R5.

If anyone has seen anything like this or wants to build it, let me know.