Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Thinking maps

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:56:33 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joehall () gmail com>
Date: July 18, 2005 4:36:46 PM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Thinking maps

My favorite so far is the Google Maps pedometer:

http://www.sueandpaul.com/gmapPedometer/

I use this to plan out my running and to send walking maps to people
(although you do have to zoom out of the New Jersey map and zoom into
wherever you live).  This was pointed out to me by Tim O'Reilly on his
[O'Reilly Radar] blog and there's now even a [Google Maps Mania] blog.

[O'Reilly Radar]: http://radar.oreilly.com/
[Google Maps Mania]: http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/