Interesting People mailing list archives

Pew Internet Project experts survey

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:02:03 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Lee Rainie <lrainie () pewinternet org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:45:57 -0500
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: Pew Internet Project experts survey

Dear Dave:

We have just published the results of our survey in which we invited you to
participate last fall. In all, 1,286 internet experts looked at the future
impact of the internet and assessed predictions about how technology and
society will unfold.

The report about the survey results,  including a great many predictions and
comments from participants, is available at:
http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/145/report_display.asp.

The survey results themselves can be found at:
http://www.pewinternet.org/pdfs/Experts_future_survey_results.pdf.

In addition, many of the predictions have been entered in an online database
that we have created with Elon University. They will join the more than
4,000 predictions from the 1990-1995 era that are already entered in the
database. The web site is: http://www.elon.edu/predictions/.

I hope you find the report interesting and provocative. And I would
appreciate any feedback you'd care to provide.

Thanks for your willingness to hear about this.

Best wishes,
Lee Rainie
**********
Director
Pew Internet  American Life Project
1615 L Street NW
Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
202-419-4510

E-Mail sent using the Free Trial Version of WorldMerge, the fastest
and easiest way to send personalized e-mail messages. For more
information visit http://www.worldmerge.com

198320

------ End of Forwarded Message