Interesting People mailing list archives

Which is worse---Janet Jackson's breast or eating raw dead rats?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:39:57 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Robert Lee <robertslee () verizon net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:56:19 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: Which is worse---Janet Jackson's breast or eating raw dead rats?

I wonder if the FCC will get involved in eating dead rats. I personally,
would rather have a gander at Janet Jackson¹s breasts.

On a more serious note, apparently Michael Moore was unable to get some
cable MSO¹s to accept his money to advertise his recent film, critical of
the administration.  Comcast was one.  22 million subs or more.  That seems
to me to be more nauseating and frightening than eating dead rats, and would
be something the FCC or FTC or SEC or some sort of C or T would get involved
with.  Here you have intermodal monopolies (Michael Powell¹s concept and
testimony, not mine) lobbying the government for that status, getting it,
and then refusing to even advertise a movie critical of the administration
that takes their money in exchange for favorable policy.  Does that sound
like the America we teach our kids about?  Where is the outcry over that?
Whether or not you are a fan of Michael Moore?  Of those 22 million Comcast
subscribers how many could see that ad on another cable MSO?

Gandhi said that when you fight the oppressors first they ignore you, then
they fight you, then you win.  Apparently we are in phase 2.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050105/tv_nm/television_rat_dc
<http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&amp;u=/nm/20050105/tv_nm/television_r
at_dc>

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Watching contestants eat dead rats on NBC's
gross-out stunt show "Fear Factor" so disgusted a Cleveland man that he has
sued NBC for $2.5 million, saying he could not stomach what he saw.

Robert Lee

------ End of Forwarded Message