Interesting People mailing list archives

Glen Fleishman/eWeek: NMRC, creator of Myth of Muni Wi-Fi, a lobbying front for Telcos

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:01:40 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 02:56:33 -0800
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Glen Fleishman/eWeek: NMRC, creator of Myth of Muni
Wi-Fi, a lobbying front for Telcos

[Note:  This item comes from reader Robert Berger.  I posted an article
on this report yesterday from 'Wi-Fi Planet'.  This item is a follow up
to that.  The battle on muniwireless has now been engaged by the
incumbents.  Look for more 'dirty bombs' to be lobed like this one.
While I'm at it, I'd like to point you to Glen Fleishman's excellent
weblog on all things wireless, 'Wi-Fi Networking News' at
<http://wifinetnews.com/>  DLH]