Interesting People mailing list archives

more on PalmOne Raises Treo 650 GSM Price " total and complete bullsh-t" from Gizmo.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:00:29 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Richard Wiggins <richard.wiggins () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:17:09 -0500
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: <ryee10027 () yahoo com>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on PalmOne Raises Treo 650 GSM Price " total and
complete bullsh-t" from Gizmo.com

Dave,

The rollout of the 650 through the carriers has been strange, as well.
 Palm gave Sprint early access to the device.  I'm a Verizon customer
and inquired about the 650 every week or two since it was announced
last October.  Verizon kept saying "We have no information" or "We are
not going to carry that phone."

Last week at the local Verizon store -- not a mall booth, a  real
store -- the sales rep said Verizon will carry the 650 for sure, but
he could not say when.  Verizon lists the 600 at $399 or $349
depending where you look.  I bought a 600 with a contract at $100 off
with $50 rebate, final cost $250.

I figure the 600 is about 90% of what the 650 is, at 50-60% of the
price.  So far I'm totally happy with the 600.

/rich